Madeira Teak End-Grain Utility Board
- Online Only
End-grain construction highlights the natural beauty of teak wood and enhances this cutting board's strength. The size is perfect for everyday food prep – from chopping vegetables to slicing meats -- or as a presentation board for cheeses, charcuterie and appetizers.
- Crafted in South America of reclaimed remnants of sustainably harvested plantation teak that would otherwise be discarded.
- Versatile board is perfect for everyday food prep or as a serving piece.
- Laminated end-grain construction provides exceptional strength and durability for heavy daily use.
- Made in Brazil.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 11 1/2" x 13 1/2" x 3/4".
- Use & Care
- Board should be seasoned with a food-grade mineral oil before first use.
- To season the board properly, warm the mineral oil slightly and apply it in the direction of the wood grain using a clean, dry cloth. Allow the oil to soak in and repeat with another application. Allow the board to dry and wipe off any excess oil.
- Hand-wash with hot, soapy water. Dry thoroughly.
- Do not soak or submerge board in water.
- Occasionally rub with a food-safe mineral oil to keep wood from drying out.
- To sanitize, wash the board with a solution of one part vinegar to five parts water.
- Remove odors by rubbing the board with kosher or table salt and half a lemon. Let sit for 2 to 3 minutes then wipe clean with a damp cloth. Remove excess moisture with a clean paper towel and stand the board on end to air dry.
- Store in a dry area away from extreme temperatures.