Madeira Teak End-Grain Carving Board
Highly regarded for its versatility and beauty, teak has natural characteristics that make it the ideal cutting board material. Use this board for carving meat and poultry or as a presentation piece for cheeses and appetizers.
- Crafted in South America of reclaimed remnants of sustainably harvested plantation teak that would otherwise be discarded.
- A built-in well collects tasty meat juices.
- Edge-grain construction is gentle on knives – and stands up to years of slicing and chopping.
- 20" x 14" x 3/4" thick.
- 4 lb.
- Made in Brazil.
- Board should be seasoned with a food-grade mineral oil before first use.
- To season the board properly, warm the mineral oil slightly and apply it in the direction of the wood grain using a clean, dry cloth. Allow the oil to soak in and repeat with another application. Allow the board to dry and wipe off any excess oil.
- Hand-wash with hot, soapy water. Dry thoroughly.
- Do not soak or submerge board in water.
- Occasionally rub with a food-safe mineral oil to keep wood from drying out.
- To sanitize, wash the board with a solution of one part vinegar to five parts water.
- Remove odors by rubbing the board with kosher or table salt and half a lemon. Let sit for 2 to 3 minutes then wipe clean with a damp cloth. Remove excess moisture with a clean paper towel and stand the board on end to air dry.
- Store in a dry area away from extreme temperatures.