Madeira Teak Edge-Grain Utility Board
Prized for its exceptional durability, rich coloration and beautiful grain, teak is an ideal wood for a cutting board. Our sturdy, lightweight board is perfect for everyday food prep – from chopping vegetables to slicing meats. It also makes a beautiful presentation piece for cheeses, charcuterie and appetizers.
- Crafted in South America of reclaimed remnants of sustainably harvested plantation teak that would otherwise be discarded.
- Versatile board is perfect for everyday food prep – or use it as a serving piece.
- Edge-grain construction is gentle on your knives – and stands up to years of slicing and chopping.
- 13 1/2" x 11 1/2"; 3/4" thick.
- Made in Brazil.
- Use & Care
- Hand-wash with hot, soapy water. Dry thoroughly.
- Do not soak or submerge board in water.
- Occasionally rub with a food-safe mineral oil to keep wood from drying out.
- To sanitize, wash the board with a solution of one part vinegar to five parts water.
- Remove odors by rubbing the board with kosher or table salt and half a lemon. Let sit for 2 to 3 minutes then wipe clean with a damp cloth.
- Remove excess moisture with a clean paper towel and stand the board on end to air dry.
- Store in a dry area away from extreme temperatures.