Madeira Teak Edge-Grain Chopping Block
- Online Only
Highly regarded for its versatility and beauty, teak has natural characteristics that make it the ideal cutting board material. This extra-long board goes to work as a large workstation for everyday food prep. It also makes a versatile presentation piece for serving an array of cheeses, appetizers and other party foods.
- Crafted in South America of reclaimed remnants of sustainably harvested plantation teak that would otherwise be discarded.
- Edge-grain construction is gentle on knives – and stands up to years of slicing and chopping.
- Extra-long size provides a large food prep station or serving piece.
- 15" x 23" x 1" thick.
- Made in Brazil.
- Use & Care
- Board should be seasoned with a food-grade mineral oil before first use.
- To season the board properly, warm the mineral oil slightly and apply it in the direction of the wood grain using a clean, dry cloth. Allow the oil to soak in and repeat with another application. Allow the board to dry and wipe off any excess oil.
- Hand-wash with hot, soapy water. Dry thoroughly.
- Do not soak or submerge board in water.
- Occasionally rub with a food-safe mineral oil to keep wood from drying out.
- To sanitize, wash the board with a solution of one part vinegar to five parts water.
- Remove odors by rubbing the board with kosher or table salt and half a lemon. Let sit for 2 to 3 minutes then wipe clean with a damp cloth. Remove excess moisture with a clean paper towel and stand the board on end to air dry.
- Store in a dry area away from extreme temperatures.
Next Day Delivery