This do-it-all cooking vessel is descended from the classic cast-iron Dutch ovens used by Early American colonists and adventurous pioneers. Cast iron provides exceptional heat retention, so foods sear, brown and cook beautifully. The flanged lid can hold hot coals for baking or slow-cooking, providing 360° heating. Great for campfire cooking, the integral legs allow the oven to sit perfectly over hot coals—or use the sturdy loop handle to hang the pot over your fire from a tripod (sold separately).
- Versatile pot is a longtime champion at everything from slow-simmering batches of chili, soup and stew to baking bread or braising pot roast .
- Durable, heavyweight cast iron transfers and retains heat evenly.
- Preseasoned for a smooth finish that resists sticking and rust.
- Includes a tight-fitting lid to circulate heat and moisture; flip the lid over to use as a griddle.
- For extra heat, arrange hot coals or briquettes in a circular pattern on top of the flanged lid.
- Tripod legs allow you to use this pot directly over the coals in your campfire.
- Made in the USA by Lodge, America’s oldest family-owned cookware foundry—famous for fine cast-iron pots and pans since 1896.