- Online Only
Lobster Newburg debuted at the legendary Delmonico's restaurant in the 19th century, and it’s been a classic for special-occasion dining every since. Our updated version is made by a New England family seafood company, whose award-winning chefs combine sweet, tender chunks of fresh Maine lobster with a rich sherry cream sauce. We've also included buttery puff pastry shells, ready to bake in the oven.
- 1 qt. Lobster Newburg; eight 4"-diam. pastry shells.
- Shipped frozen.
- Made in the USA.
- A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.
- Use & Care
- The lobster Newburg ships frozen with dry ice. Please take care not to touch the dry ice with bare hands.Refrigerate or freeze upon receipt. The lobster Newburg keeps up to 4 days refrigerated or up to 3 months frozen.
- 8 frozen sheets of puff pastry
- 1 egg beaten with 1 tsp. water
- 1 container lobster Newburg, thawed overnight in the refrigerator
- Preheat an oven to 375°F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Generously prick the tops of the frozen puff pastry with the tines of a fork or toothpick. Brush the tops with the egg mixture. Place the pastries on the prepared baking sheet, spacing them evenly apart. Bake until the pastries have puffed up, are golden on the tops and bottoms, and are firm along the sides, about 30 minutes. Transfer to a wire rack and let cool completely. Using a sharp paring knife, cut out the inside round of each pastry; reserve both pieces.
- Put the thawed lobster Newburg in a saucepan, set over medium heat and cook, stirring, until warmed through, about 15 minutes. Set the puff pastry rims on a plate and spoon the lobster Newburg into the pastry shells. Cover each with an inside round. Serve immediately.
- Lobster Newburg: Heavy cream, lobster, whole milk, water, modified food starch, butter, lobster base (cooked lobster, salt, maltodextrin, tomato paste, flavor [autolyzed yeast extract, corn syrup solids, salt, citric acid], natural flavor, cod liver oil, butter, sweet whey, onion powder, dextrose, oleoresin paprika, flavorings) tomato paste, sugar, paprika, nutmeg, black pepper.
- Pastry shells: USDA grade AA butter, unbleached flour, water, salt, lemon juice.
To ensure freshness, perishable items are shipped via 2-day delivery from the supplier and are not eligible for rush shipping. Please allow one to two weeks for delivery.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination.
At Williams-Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. If, within 30 days, you are not completely satisfied with your purchase for any reason, please return the item for an exchange or refund of the merchandise value. View Full Return Policy.