Le Creuset Heritage Stoneware Deep Covered Baker
Large enough to roast a whole chicken, a lamb shank or a large cut of beef, this Le Creuset covered baker is also deep enough for cooking casseroles. It's made of enameled stoneware that offers exceptional durability, even heating and oven-to-table versatility.
- 4 1/2-qt. cap.
- High-fired stoneware is exceptionally strong and ensures even heating.
- Tight-fitting lid seals in moisture so foods emerge tender and juicy.
- Safe for oven, broiler, freezer and microwave.
- Durable porcelain enamel-glaze finish is easy to clean and resists chips, scratches and stains.
- Vibrant enamel exterior for oven-to-table presentation.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 14" x 8 1/2" x 8 1/2" high.
- 4 1/2-qt. cap.
- 7 lb. 13 oz.
- Lid's high dome ensures clearance over large cuts of meat.
- Will not absorb odors or flavors.
- Flared handles with traditional scalloped design offer a steady grip.
- Colors coordinate with Le Creuset enameled cast-iron cookware.
- Made in Thailand.
- Use & Care
- Oven safe to 500ºF.
- Microwavable, freezer and dishwasher safe.
- Use wood, plastic or heat-resistant nylon tools to avoid scratching the enamel surface.
- Enamel can chip or crack if dropped or banged on hard surface.
- Do not use on stovetop or any other direct heat source.
- Allow to cool before washing.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Avoid using steel wool, steel scouring pads, harsh detergents or abrasive cleansers.
- Stubborn food residue and stains can be removed with a nylon scrubbing pad or sponge.
Next Day Delivery
- Earn Bonus Registry Gifts
Receive a special gift after registering for and receiving $500+ or $1000+ worth of Le Creuset products from your guests.
Tier 1 Gift – $500+: Limited Edition Mini-Cocotte Gift set in Pearlescent White.
Tier 2 Gift – $1000+: Limited Edition Mini-Cocotte Gift Set (above), plus a 3 1/2-qt. Stainless Steel Shallow Casserole.
Complete the form and submit by mail. Offer valid only in the United states through 12/31/2017. Print Coupon
- More about Le Creuset
The first Le Creuset foundry opened in 1925 in Fresnoy-le-Grand, France, and specialized in cast-iron cookware. The cast-iron pieces are still made at the original factory, using the traditional techniques of hand forging and casting in individual sand molds. The brightly pigmented porcelain-enamel glaze that first set Le Creuset cookware apart from other cast-iron cookware now comes in a wide range of traditional and contemporary colors. In 2013, Le Creuset began producing innovative stainless-steel cookware in Portugal with lids that incorporate the same signature three-ring design as the company’s classic cast-iron pieces. This stainless-steel collection was awarded the prestigious 2014 Red Dot Award for product design.
Rated 5 out of 5 by CocoLovesToCook from My favorite new baker!! I purchased this baker a couple months ago and am delighted to discover that I use it frequently. I did not realize how useful the shape and depth of this baker would be for many dishes. It has become universal in my kitchen. Everything from small roasts to meatballs. Not only do I cook in it - the baker is fantastic for oven reheating. And cleanup is a breeze. Nothing sticks to it and a very quick wash is all it takes to make it perfectly clean like new again. The price is extremely good given this baker's quality and usefulness.Date published: 2017-02-23Rated 4 out of 5 by mshipleyfl from A go to dish This is a great dish but could be a little deep and therefore take longer for your meal to cook. It is heavy, but cooks evenly and looks beautiful.Date published: 2017-02-09Rated 3 out of 5 by GranNam from No instructions or recipes included. Have not used baker yet, it is beautiful but no real instructions or recipes were included. Don't know if they were just left out. Plan to wing it but would have liked to have information "how to use".Date published: 2016-04-05Rated 4 out of 5 by mmsf from Great product Perfect for roasting a 3 - 3.5 lb chicken. Jusr add seasoning and aromatics of choice, and bake @325 for 45 minutes withe the top on, and 45 minutes with the top off, and you have a moist, perfectly browned roast chicken. NB: Not for stovetop use!Date published: 2016-04-02Rated 5 out of 5 by BistroManCook from Completely worth every penny I absolutely LOVE this item. I didn't believe it would roast a chicken and brown it but it does. I do like mine really crisp so 1 1/2 hrs roasting time then I take the lid off turn the broiler on and get it really crisp. Very moist chicken. What a dream to clean this baby too. So easy!!! Everything comes rt off.Date published: 2016-03-19Rated 5 out of 5 by ChefHotSpotts from A Wonderful Addition to Any Kitchen I saw this baker in store & fell in love immediately. Beautifully shaped and supremely deep, it's perfect for cooking a multitude of dishes. With Le Creuset, you can't go wrong. A must buy!Date published: 2016-03-05Rated 5 out of 5 by AlanaM from One of my faves! This was one of the first wedding gifts that arrived at our doorstep. I was in love with it the second I opened it up. It is very beautiful and well-made! This is my frequent go-to item to bake chicken.Date published: 2016-02-03Rated 5 out of 5 by Kickerfrau from Great Baker Make my artisan breads in it and they turn out great !Date published: 2016-02-03