Le Creuset Cast-Iron Chef's Oven
This oven is especially useful for reducing soups and stews, and simmering risotto, polenta and other grains. Its gently rounded shape facilitates stirring and whisking, and its medium depth and broad surface area speed evaporation.
- Cast iron coated with durable porcelain enamel distributes heat slowly and evenly.
- Wide, sloped sides make this piece especially useful for cooking soup, risotto or stew such as bouillabaise. The pan’s design allows for easy stirring, circulation and rapid evaporation to help concentrate flavors.
- The tight-fitting lid with oven-safe composite knob makes the pot well suited to braising.
- Easy-clean nonreactive interior does not require seasoning.
- Ideal for use on any cooktop, including induction.
- Vibrant, colorful exterior for stove-to-table presentation.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 10 1/2" diam.
- 4" high.
- 4 1/4-qt. cap.
- 6 lb. 1 oz. with lid.
- Made in France.
- Use & Care
- Ideal for use on any type of cooktop, including induction.
- For best results, use low to medium heat on cooktop.
- Oven and broiler safe; phenolic-resin knob is oven-safe to 480°F.
- Use wood, plastic or heat-resistant nylon tools to avoid scratching the enamel surface.
- Do not slide pan on stovetop.
- Enamel can chip or crack if dropped or banged on hard surface.
- Allow pan to cool before washing.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Avoid using steel wool, steel scouring pads, harsh detergents or abrasive cleansers.
- Stubborn food residue and stains can be removed with a nylon scrubbing pad or sponge.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within five business days of our receiving your order.
For an additional charge of $15 per address, we can rush delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.