Le Creuset Cast-Iron Oval Doufeu
- Special Offer
Crafted in France, this cast-iron oven takes its name from the combination of the French doux and feu to describe its “gentle fire.” Pronounced doo-FUH, it’s designed to provide the constant self-basting that yields a juicy roast thoroughly infused with flavor.
- Cast iron coated with durable porcelain enamel distributes heat slowly and evenly.
- Easy-clean nonreactive interior does not require seasoning.
- Tight-fitting lid has a recess for ice cubes; warm vapor from simmering food meets the cool lid, promoting condensation, and nibs on the lid's underside direct the water droplets to the center of the pot, continually basting the food below.
- Without ice, it works equally well as a Dutch oven for everyday roasting, simmering and serving.
- Matching integral handles on the pan and lid assist lifting the heavy filled pan.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 17 1/2" x 10 1/2" x 7 3/4" high.
- 9 1/2-qt cap.
- 20 lb. 8 oz.
- Made in France.
- Use & Care
- Ideal for use on any cooktop, including induction.
- For best results, use low to medium heat on cooktop.
- Oven and broiler safe.
- Use wood, plastic or heat-resistant nylon tools to avoid scratching the enamel surface.
- Do not slide pan on stovetop.
- Enamel can chip or crack if dropped or banged on hard surface.
- Allow to cool before washing.
- Dishwasher safe.
- Avoid using steel wool, steel scouring pads, harsh detergents or abrasive cleansers.
- Stubborn food residue and stains can be removed with a nylon scrubbing pad or sponge.
Next Day Delivery