Large Ohio Stoneware Fermentation Crock
- Free Shipping
This traditional hand-molded stoneware crock glazed in an attractive white with blue stripes is made from a retired mold brought back by our artisans in Ohio. Lactofermentation is what gives sauerkraut and traditional pickles their signature tang; it also delivers probiotic microorganisms that benefit digestive and overall health. Simply place your prepared vegetables into the crock, lay on the included crescent weights, fill the gutter and add the lid. The crock’s clever design allows carbon dioxide to escape the crock while keeping unwelcome microbes like mold out. In four to eight weeks, you’ll have piquant pickles and sauerkraut.
- Attractive stoneware crock allows for easy fermentation of sauerkraut and pickles.
- 11 1/2" diam., 15" high; 3-gal. capacity.
- Includes two 8" x 4" stoneware crescent weights to keep contents submerged.
- Made in USA.
- A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.
- Use & Care
- Fill the crock three-quarters full with prepared vegetables and lay the weights on. Fill the gutter with water and add the lid.
- After use, simply brush off or hand-wash the crock and weights and allow to dry completely.
Next Day Delivery
Orders recieved by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday thorugh Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
To help with holiday gift giving, we are extending our return policy between 10/30/2014 and 12/24/2014. If you or a recipient are not satisfied with a gift purchased during this time, present a gift or original receipt by 1/31/2015.