Large Ohio Stoneware Fermentation Crock
This traditional hand-molded stoneware crock glazed in an attractive white with blue stripes is made from a retired mold brought back by our artisans in Ohio. Lactofermentation is what gives sauerkraut and traditional pickles their signature tang; it also delivers probiotic microorganisms that benefit digestive and overall health. Simply place your prepared vegetables into the crock, lay on the included crescent weights, fill the gutter and add the lid. The crock’s clever design allows carbon dioxide to escape the crock while keeping unwelcome microbes like mold out. In four to eight weeks, you’ll have piquant pickles and sauerkraut.
- Attractive stoneware crock allows for easy fermentation of sauerkraut and pickles.
- 11 1/2" diam., 15" high; 3-gal. capacity.
- Includes two 8" x 4" stoneware crescent weights to keep contents submerged.
- Made in USA.
- A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.
- Use & Care
- Fill the crock three-quarters full with prepared vegetables and lay the weights on. Fill the gutter with water and add the lid.
- After use, simply brush off or hand-wash the crock and weights and allow to dry completely.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within five business days of our receiving your order.
For an additional charge of $15 per address, we can rush delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams-Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Return Policy.