Professional and home chefs alike prize this board for its extraordinary performance and unique natural beauty. Masterfully handcrafted in Nova Scotia from native larch wood, the board features traditional butcher-block end-grain construction that showcases the wood’s bold natural patterns and ensures heirloom-quality strength.
- Crafted Eastern Canadian larch wood, sustainably grown and harvested on Cape Breton Island in Nova Scotia.
- Wood is kiln-dried and milled on site, then hand selected and matched by the master artisans who handcraft the board.
- Dense end-grain construction adds strength and resistance, and helps preserve knives’ sharpness.
- Soft rubber feet keep the board stable during use and help keep the underside dry.
- Carefully matched for color and pattern, the wood ranges from brown to orange to beige within each board.
- Crafted and finished in a 30-step process, the board will retain its naturally unique beauty for generations.
- Made in Canada by Larch Wood, a small company of master artisans dedicated to producing exceptional products from native woods.
- A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.