Larchwood Original Board
Professional and home chefs alike prize this board for its extraordinary performance and unique natural beauty. Masterfully handcrafted in Nova Scotia from native larch wood, the board features traditional butcher-block end-grain construction that showcases the wood’s bold natural patterns and ensures heirloom-quality strength.
- Crafted Eastern Canadian larch wood, sustainably grown and harvested on Cape Breton Island in Nova Scotia.
- Wood is kiln-dried and milled on site, then hand selected and matched by the master artisans who handcraft the board.
- Dense end-grain construction adds strength and resistance, and helps preserve knives’ sharpness.
- Soft rubber feet keep the board stable during use and help keep the underside dry.
- Carefully matched for color and pattern, the wood ranges from brown to orange to beige within each board.
- Crafted and finished in a 30-step process, the board will retain its naturally unique beauty for generations.
- Made in Canada by Larch Wood, a small company of master artisans dedicated to producing exceptional products from native woods.
- A Williams Sonoma exclusive.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 17 3/4" x 13 1/2".
- 1 1/2" thick.
- 7 lb. 14 oz.
- Made in Canada.
- Use & Care
- The board has been treated with a food-grade mineral oil and a wax finish coat. The wax should be reapplied periodically depending on usage.
- To reapply the wax, ensure that the board has been well cleaned and dried off. Rub a thin coat of wax on the board with a soft cloth and let dry for several hours. Then buff with a soft dry cloth.
- Use a moist cloth or sponge to remove any dirt.
- Sticky particles can be loosened with the backside of a knife and then removed with a moist dry cloth or sponge.
- For a more thorough cleaning, apply salt to the board and rub with a sponge dampened with lemon juice.
- Do not soak or submerge board in water.
- Dry thoroughly before storing.
- Store in a dry area away from extreme temperatures.
UPS can deliver most in-stock items within 4-5 business days. UPS is unable to deliver to P.O. boxes.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $17.50 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable, and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
Rated 5 out of 5 by globrit1 from A must cutting board I highly recommend this board. It is a dream cutting on it and easy to clean and store. I liked it so much I bought another one for when I have lots of choppng, cutting or mincing to do so I can have everything on the 2 boards.Date published: 2013-02-26Rated 3 out of 5 by matstomato from This cutting board warps I will preface this with the fact that use this product every day. It is possible this cutting board is not built for heavy use. I also live in the northwest, where it is humid, so this may be partially contribute to my problem. I don't soak the cutting board in the sink. The first cutting board I bought warped in one week. It rocked on the counter every time I used it. I put shims between the feet and the cutting board, which helped temporarily, but it continued to warp, so I decided to exchange it. I haven't had as much a problem with the second cutting board, but it has warped slightly. I can tell when I put something flat on top of it and it wobbles, but it's not rocking on the counter. I have had this one for approximately one month. I have decided to keep this cutting board but I do feel that for the price, it should not be warping. I would recommend this to someone who doesn't plan on using the cutting board very often, but I wouldn't recommend it for heavy, everyday use.Date published: 2013-02-11Rated 5 out of 5 by MollyCat52 from Awesome cutting board I saw this Larch Wood cutting board at my local W-S store. They were out of stock at this store, so I just ordered it from the online store here. It is really a work of art, love to use it, and I also keep it out on the counter. This was a bit of a "splurge" buying a cutting board in this price range, but so happy I made the purchase! Would make a wonderful wedding or anniversary gift too.Date published: 2012-10-08Rated 5 out of 5 by saucygirl from Looks beautiful out on the counter. Looked at the Proteck End-Grain Rd Cutting Boards in the W&S store in Albuquerque,NM and noticed all the boards had cracks!! Saw the Larch Wood Board and fell in love. The board is truly magnificent.....a work of art. The rubber feet is a nice plus. It's pricey but well worth it. Oh, I might add...it comes well oiled. Do follow the on-line care instructions.Date published: 2012-03-15