Lamson Honing Steel
- Online Only
When used regularly, this honing steel will keep your kitchen knives performing at peak sharpness by realigning the blade's edge. It is crafted by Lamson & Goodnow, the oldest cutlery maker in America, using techniques handed down by the company's original bladesmiths, many of whom hailed from the famed knife-making city of Solingen, Germany.
- Maintains the razor-sharp edge of most knife blades between sharpenings; do not use on serrated or scalloped blades.
- Crafted from the finest high-carbon stainless steel from Solingen, Germany.
- Resin-infused PakkaWood handle is water resistant.
- 10" rod, 5" handle; 6.5 oz.
- Made in USA by Lamson & Goodnow, a Massachusetts company that has produced fine kitchen tools since 1837.
- Use & Care
- Use with straight-edged knives only; not for use with serrated blades.
- Steel length should measure at least as long as the knife being honed.
- Hone knife before each use to maintain the sharpest edge.
- To properly hone the knife, hold it at a 20-degree angle and draw the blade across the steel. Never stroke the same side of blade more than once in succession.
- Should metal filings accumulate on the steel, remove with a damp cloth.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within five business days of our receiving your order.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination.View Shipping Options and Charges.
For an additional charge of $15 per address, we can rush delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
At Williams-Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. If, within 90 days, you are not completely satisfied with your purchase for any reason, please return the item for an exchange or refund of the merchandise value. View Full Return Policy.