Lamson Honing Steel
- Online Only
When used regularly, this honing steel will keep your kitchen knives performing at peak sharpness by realigning the blade's edge. It is crafted by Lamson & Goodnow, the oldest cutlery maker in America, using techniques handed down by the company's original bladesmiths, many of whom hailed from the famed knife-making city of Solingen, Germany.
- Maintains the razor-sharp edge of most knife blades between sharpenings; do not use on serrated or scalloped blades.
- Crafted from the finest high-carbon stainless steel from Solingen, Germany.
- Resin-infused PakkaWood handle is water resistant.
- 10" rod, 5" handle; 6.5 oz.
- Made in USA by Lamson & Goodnow, a Massachusetts company that has produced fine kitchen tools since 1837.
- Use & Care
- Use with straight-edged knives only; not for use with serrated blades.
- Steel length should measure at least as long as the knife being honed.
- Hone knife before each use to maintain the sharpest edge.
- To properly hone the knife, hold it at a 20-degree angle and draw the blade across the steel. Never stroke the same side of blade more than once in succession.
- Should metal filings accumulate on the steel, remove with a damp cloth.