Lamson Chef's Knife
This knife Lamson & Goodnow knife, the oldest cutlery maker in America, is crafted using techniques handed down by the company's original bladesmiths, many of whom hailed from the famed knife-making city of Solingen, Germany. Featuring a classic German shape and high-carbon stainless-steel blade, each knife is hand assembled and finished for optimal performance. This chef's knife, available in 6" and 8" sizes, is a necessity for chopping vegetables, mincing herbs and slicing fruit. The wide blade is handy for transferring chopped items to the pan.
- Full tang blade composed of the finest high-carbon stainless steel from Solingen, Germany.
- Precision forged from a single piece of steel.
- Convex-ground blade is polished, hand-edged and honed, ensuring optimal cutting angle for maximum sharpness.
- Resin-infused PakkaWood handle, triple-riveted to the blade, is heat and water-resistant.
- 6" chef's knife: 6" blade; 4 3/4" handle; 6.5 oz.
- 8" chef's knife: 8" blade; 5" handle; 8.75 oz.
- Made in USA by Lamson & Goodnow, a Massachusetts company that has produced fine kitchen tools since 1837.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Maintain the knife's cutting edge by regularly using a honing steel.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or consult a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within five business days of our receiving your order.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
For an additional charge of $15 per address, we can rush delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
At Williams-Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. If, within 30 days, you are not completely satisfied with your purchase for any reason, please return the item for an exchange or refund of the merchandise value. View Full Return Policy.