Laguiole en Aubrac Steak Knife Sets
From France’s Laguiole region, famed for its expertly crafted knives, each of these steak knives is the work of a single master cutler who begins with shaping the handle and concludes with fitting the blade. The showpiece sets are ideal for entertaining.
- Set includes four steak knives and a wooden storage case.
- Blades are forged from ultrastrong Swedish Sandvik steel.
- Features the distinctive Laguiole bee on the bolsters.
- The decorative chasing on the metal spine serves as the signature of the craftsman who made the knife.
- Handles are available in a full range of exotic materials (see More Info tab for details).
- Made in France's Laguiole region, each set includes a certificate of authenticity.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 4 1/2"-long blade; 4 3/4"-long handle.
- Juniper Set: Handles are made from juniper wood distinguished by beautiful grain markings. 3 oz.
- Wild Boar Set: Handles are handcrafted from dense, dark ebony wood embellished with an inlay image of a wild boar. 3 oz.
- Ebony and Ivory Set: Contoured handles are handcrafted from ebony wood and fossilized ivory mammoth tusk. 3 oz.
- Paperstone Set: Titanium-coated steel blades. Handles are handcrafted from black paperstone, a nonporous material made from 100% recycled paper. Dishwasher safe. 1.75 oz.
- Solid Horn Set: Handles are handcrafted from solid buffalo horn for smoothness. 3 oz.
- Mixed Horn Crust Set: Handles are handcrafted from the exterior horn of buffalo, ram from Scotland and ram from Asia, revealing subtleties in texture and rich color variations. 3.25 oz.
- Tiger Brown/Tiger Black Sets: Handles are made of acrylic with tiger markings. 3.5 oz.
- Ironwood Set: Handles are handcrafted from ironwood, an extremely dense wood from a tree that grows in the Sonoran Desert of Arizona. 3.5 oz.
- Poplar Set: Handles are handcrafted from poplar wood with distinctive grain markings. 3.5 oz.
- Use & Care
- Hand wash blade with warm soapy water and dry thoroughly.
Next Day Delivery
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.