Hand made in the La Chamba tradition that dates back more than 700 years, this ceramic pot is designed to withstand direct contact with heat, great for use on stovetops, especially open flame cooktops.
- This covered dish is perfect for slow-cooking casseroles and stews in the oven or it can be used on the stovetop for soup and rice dishes.
- Made completely by hand in the village of La Chamba, Colombia, long famous for its pottery.
- Only natural, locally mined clays are used.
- Colombian artisans burnish the clay with agate pebbles prior to firing to give each piece its unique look.
- The black satin finish and distinct organic shape of this dish makes it excellent for oven-to-table presentation.
- Natural glaze won’t react with foods and is completely food safe.
- Clay retains heat well for keeping the dish warm at the table.