La Chamba Colombian Clay Baking Dish
Hand made in the La Chamba tradition that dates back more than 700 years, this ceramic baker is designed to withstand direct contact with heat, great for use on stovetops, especially open flame cooktops.
- This versatile baker can be used in the oven for casseroles, lasagnas and baked desserts or on the stovetop for sautéing and griddle recipes.
- Made completely by hand in the village of La Chamba, Colombia, long famous for its pottery.
- Only natural, locally mined clays are used.
- Colombian artisans burnish the clay with agate pebbles prior to firing to give each piece its unique look.
- The black satin finish and distinct organic shape of this dish makes it excellent for oven-to-table presentation.
- Natural glaze won’t react with foods and is completely food safe.
- Clay retains heat well for keeping the dish warm at the table.
- Dimensions & More Info
- Medium: 12 1/4" x 3” high.; 1 1/2"-qt. cap.; 2 lb. 13 oz.
- Large: 13 3/4" x 3 1/2” high; 2 1/2"-qt. cap.; 4 lb. 5 oz.
- Made in Colombia.
- Use & Care
- Ideal for use on electric and gas burners.
- Oven safe to 450° F and microwavable.
- Use wood, plastic or heat-resistant nylon tools to avoid scratching the surface.
- Prior to first use, fill dish 3/4 full of water and leave in the oven for 30 minutes at 390° F to seal pores.
- Avoid abrupt changes in temperature.
- Allow pan to cool before washing.
- Hand-wash; dry immediately with a soft cloth.
- Avoid using steel wool, steel scouring pads, harsh detergents or abrasive cleansers.
- If food is burnt or stuck to the surface, leave to soak for a few hours and then clean with a nylon scrubber.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within five business days of our receiving your order.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
For an additional charge of $15 per address, we can rush delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
At Williams-Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. If, within 90 days, you are not completely satisfied with your purchase for any reason, please return the item for an exchange or refund of the merchandise value. return policy