Kurobuta Boneless Ham
Kurobuta,or “black hog,” is the Japanese term for the Berkshire breed, the source of the famous Japanese kurobuta pork from the Kagoshima Prefecture. Like its Japanese counterpart, Snake River kurobuta is deep in color and streaked with fine marbling that makes this ham exceptionally sweet, juicy and tender. Its rich flavor is complemented perfectly by expert curing according to an old family recipe and light smoking over hardwood chips.
- Whole ham: Approx. 6 lb. (serves 12 - 16).
- Half ham: Approx. 4 lb. (serves 8 – 10).
- Fully cooked.
- Shipped frozen.
- Made in the USA.
- Use & Care
- The ham was shipped frozen with dry ice, which may have evaporated during shipment. This is normal. Please take care not to touch any remaining dry ice with bare hands. Upon receipt refrigerate the ham, or freeze to enjoy at a later date. It will keep refrigerated up to 3 weeks, or frozen up to 3 months, unopened. For best quality, once thawed, we do not recommend refreezing the ham.
Proper Thawing Technique:
- Remove the meat from the freezer and thaw in the refrigerator for 24 to 48 hours. To retain more of the natural juices, leave the meat in its original packaging while thawing. It is normal for natural juices to accumulate.
- Preheat an oven to 325°F.
- Remove the ham from the packaging and place the ham in a large roasting pan. Insert an ovenproof meat thermometer so the tip is centered in the thickest part of the ham. Do not add water to the pan or cover the ham.
- Transfer to the oven and bake for about 20 minutes per pound, or until the thermometer registers 140°F. If the surface becomes too dark while cooking, tent the ham loosely with aluminum foil.
- Transfer the ham to a carving board and let rest for 10 to 15 minutes before slicing.
To ensure freshness, perishable items are shipped via 2-day delivery from the supplier and are not eligible for rush shipping. Please allow one to two weeks for delivery.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination.
At Williams-Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned. View Full Return Policy.
Boneless Ham (6 lb.)
- Online Only
Boneless Half Ham
- Online Only