Kouign Amann, Set of 8
- Online Only
To pastry chef Jean-Yves Charon, a kouign amann tastes like home. From his native Brittany, this classic Breton “butter cake” relies on layers of handmade puff pastry dough to create a decadent treat with a sweet, buttery center and crisp caramelized-sugar coating. Hand made with the finest natural ingredients, the frozen pastries are simple to prepare—just let them rise overnight and bake. They emerge from the oven with crunchy, sugar-speckled exteriors, tender interiors and an irresistible buttery aroma.
- 8 pastries; 2 lb. 3 oz. total.
- Shipped frozen.
- Made in USA.
- A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.
- Use & Care
- The kouign amann was shipped frozen with dry ice, which may have evaporated during shipment. This is normal. Please take care not to touch any remaining dry ice with bare hands. Upon receipt, immediately place the kouign amann in the freezer, where it will keep up to 3 months frozen.
- Lightly spray the inside of each mold with nonstick cooking spray and place a kouign amann in each mold. Place the molds on a baking sheet and cover with a piece of parchment paper. Let the kouign amann rise in their molds at room temperature for 8 to 10 hours.
- Preheat an oven to 350ºF.
- Remove the parchment paper. Transfer the baking sheet to the oven and bake the kouign amann in the molds until slightly puffed and golden brown on top, 30 to 35 minutes. Let cool for 5 to 10 minutes before serving. Makes 8 kouign amann.
- Enriched flour (wheat flour, niacin, iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid, enzyme, ascorbic acid [dough conditioner]), butter, sugar, water, yeast, salt, dough conditioner blend (wheat flour, malted barley flour, ascorbic acid [dough conditioner], enzymes).
To ensure freshness, perishable items are shipped via 2-day delivery from our warehouse and are not eligible for rush shipping. Please allow one to two weeks for delivery.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
At Williams-Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned. View Full Return Policy.