KitchenIQ Oval Diamond Sharpening Rod
Designed for straight-edge knives, this oval-shaped rod features an interrupted diamond-grit surface, which speeds the sharpening process by collecting and holding the metal filings that ordinarily build up during the sharpening process. Unlike conventional sharpening steels, which only realign the cutting edge, this rod hones and realigns your edge at the same time.
- Fine diamond (700 grit) surface removes minimal amount of metal from knife edge.
- Patented interrupted surface speeds sharpening process.
- Oversized hand guard for comfort and safety.
- Hang-up ring for easy access.
- Plastic tip provides stability and protects your countertop during sharpening.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 10"-long rod.
- 5 1/4"-long handle.
- Made in China.
- Use & Care
- Use with straight-edged knives only; not for use with serrated blades.
- Steel length should measure at least as long as the knife being honed.
- To properly hone the knife, hold it at the appropriate-degree angle and draw the blade across the steel. Never stroke the same side of blade more than once in succession. Always do an equal number of strokes on each side to ensure the sharpest edge possible
- Only sharpen on the oval surface, not the edges of the sharpening rod.
- Clean sharpening rod after use.
- Scrub in warm water with a kitchen cleansing powder and a mild brush.
- Dry thoroughly before storing.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within five business days of our receiving your order.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $17.50 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams-Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners, and knife storage) please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
Made to Order and Final Sale Furniture items are non-returnable, and cannot be cancelled once the order is placed.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams-Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Return Policy.