KitchenIQ Oval Diamond Sharpening Rod
Designed for straight-edge knives, this oval-shaped rod features an interrupted diamond-grit surface, which speeds the sharpening process by collecting and holding the metal filings that ordinarily build up during the sharpening process. Unlike conventional sharpening steels, which only realign the cutting edge, this rod hones and realigns your edge at the same time.
- Fine diamond (700 grit) surface removes minimal amount of metal from knife edge.
- Patented interrupted surface speeds sharpening process.
- Oversized hand guard for comfort and safety.
- Hang-up ring for easy access.
- Plastic tip provides stability and protects your countertop during sharpening.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 10"-long rod.
- 5 1/4"-long handle.
- Made in China.
- Use & Care
- Use with straight-edged knives only; not for use with serrated blades.
- Steel length should measure at least as long as the knife being honed.
- To properly hone the knife, hold it at the appropriate-degree angle and draw the blade across the steel. Never stroke the same side of blade more than once in succession. Always do an equal number of strokes on each side to ensure the sharpest edge possible
- Only sharpen on the oval surface, not the edges of the sharpening rod.
- Clean sharpening rod after use.
- Scrub in warm water with a kitchen cleansing powder and a mild brush.
- Dry thoroughly before storing.
Next Day Delivery