Kilner Preserve Lid Seals, Set of 12
These lid discs are made for use with Kilner screw-top preserve jars and screw bands. Their built-in rubber rim creates a vacuum seal for safely processing foods in a boiling-water bath, so your homemade preserves stay airtight and fresh.
- Set of 12 lid seals.
- 2 5/8" diam.; fits 1-pint and 1-quart jars.
- A good vacuum seal has been achieved when the lid is pulled down toward the food in the jar, creating a dip in the lid.
- Dating back to 1840s England, Kilner is a leading European name in food preserving.
- Dimensions & More Info
- Made in China.
- Use & Care
- Before preserving foods, lids should be sterilized in boiling water or in a hot-water wash cycle in the dishwasher (top rack).
- Use tongs for removing from boiling water.
- Keep lids warm until you’re ready to use them.
Next Day Delivery
Rated 1 out of 5 by LSN1 from Will not buy this brand of seal again I used 8 Ball brand lids and 8 Kilner brand lids to make pickles. All 8 of the Ball brand sealed immedietly, and only 2 of the kilner brands sealed. after about 1 hour the Kilner brand sealed, but 3 lids had small dent upward from side under lid ring, like the heat was too much for them.Date published: 2016-08-17Rated 5 out of 5 by RunningMommy from Kilners's are Great! I really enjoy using the kilmer canning jar's & lids they have given me a perfect seal every time. If your looking for a one pice lid. I use the Bermioli Rocco jars & lids also. They also have given me a perfect seal every time as well. I love Williams Sonoma! You can trust, if they carry it it will work or they will make it right. Happy canningDate published: 2013-08-16