Kikuichi Yanagi Ginsan Sushi Knife
- Online Only
The Kikuichi history of fine craftsmanship dates back to 12th century Japan, when an ancestor became a swordsmith for the emperor, marking each sword with the monarch’s chrysanthemum symbol. Today this proud tradition of metalwork continues with beautiful cutlery etched with this enduring emblem. Handcrafted in Japan, the yanagi is the classic Japanese knife used to prepare sushi and sashimi, slicing through delicate fish with precision and ease.
- Hand forged, hand sharpened and hand assembled in a traditional method involving a 40-step process.
- Blade features a core of ultrahard high carbon and stain resistant Ginsan steel.
- Ho wood handle and buffalo horn knife guard.
- Includes a handmade ho wood sheath for safe storage and to protect the sharp blade from contact.
- Blade bears the historic Kikuichi symbol of a chrysanthemum.
- 9 1/2" blade; 5 1/4"-long handle; 5 oz.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal and glass.
- Cutting frozen food or bone will damage high-carbon-steel knives.
- Store knife in sheath to protect its edge and prevent injury.
- Hand-wash in warm water with mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a waterstone or have it sharpened by a professional.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within five business days of our receiving your order.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $17.50 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders recieved by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday thorugh Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.