The Kikuichi history of fine craftsmanship dates back to 12th century Japan, when an ancestor became a swordsmith for the emperor, marking each sword with the monarch’s chrysanthemum symbol. Today this proud tradition of metalwork continues with beautiful cutlery etched with this enduring emblem. Handcrafted in Japan, the honesuki (boning) knife's triangular blade and pointed tip excel for boning poultry—a versatile design that can double as a multipurpose utility knife.
- Blade features a core of ultrahard VG-10 high-carbon steel that holds a super-sharp, long-lasting edge.
- Clad with a layer of SUS410 stainless steel for rust resistance and easy sharpening.
- Knife combines a Western-style handle with the thinness, lightness and ultra-sharpness of a Japanese blade.
- Double-bevel edge allows for both right- and left-handed use.
- Compressed wood handle features triple rivets for optimal balance and durability.
- 6" blade; 4 3/4"-long handle; 7 oz.
- Handcrafted in Japan.