Kikuichi Hammered Damascus Usuba Knife
The Kikuichi history of fine craftsmanship dates back to 12th century Japan, when an ancestor became a swordsmith for the emperor, marking each sword with the monarch’s chrysanthemum symbol. Today this proud tradition of metalwork continues with beautiful cutlery etched with this enduring emblem. Handcrafted in Japan, this nakiri knife has a straight, cleaver-style blade that makes quick, precise work of slicing vegetables and scooping them into the pot.
- Slender cleaver-shaped blade ideal for precise slicing and chopping of vegetables.
- Damascus-style blade is forged from 16 layers of incredibly dense VG-10 “super steel” to provide precise control while maintaining a razor-sharp edge.
- The handsome dimpled pattern (“tsuchime” in Japanese) helps the blade glide easily through food without sticking.
- Tsuchime pattern is hand hammered, then heat-tempered, making each blade unique.
- Traditional wooden handle is triple-riveted to guarantee optimal balance and control.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 6 1/2"-long blade, 4 3/4"-long handle; 6.75 oz.
- Handcrafted in Japan.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent; rinse and dry immediately.
- Sharpen your knife at home using a waterstone or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
This item will be shipped directly from the manufacturer and is not eligible for rush shipping. Please allow up to one week for delivery.
- Free Knife Sharpening in Stores
Working with a sharp knife is safer, more effective and much less tiring than trying to cut and slice with a dull one. To ensure top performance, bring your favorite knife into your local store and one of our cutlery experts will give it a fresh, new edge using our precision equipment. The first knife is free; each additional knife is just $5.
Our stores also offer knife demonstrations to teach you the correct grip, positioning and basic knife techniques and can help you find the perfect cutlery for your needs – just ask a store associate for assistance.