The Kikuichi history of fine craftsmanship dates back to 12th century Japan, when an ancestor became a swordsmith for the emperor, marking each sword with the monarch’s chrysanthemum symbol. Today this proud tradition of metalwork continues with beautiful cutlery etched with this enduring emblem. Handcrafted in Japan, their chef’s knife has the power and precision you need for slicing, chopping, mincing and dicing.
- Damascus-style blade is forged from 16 layers of incredibly dense VG-10 “super steel” to provide precise control while maintaining a razor-sharp edge.
- The handsome dimpled pattern (“tsuchime” in Japanese) helps the blade glide easily through food without sticking.
- Tsuchime pattern is hand-hammered, then heat-tempered, making each blade unique.
- Traditional wooden handle is triple-riveted to guarantee optimal balance and control.
- 9 1/2" knife: 9 1/2"-long blade, 4 3/4"-long handle.
- 8 1/2" knife: 8 1/2"-long blade, 4 3/4"-long handle; 8 oz.
- 6" knife: 6"-long blade, 4 1/2"-long handle; 7 oz.
- Made in Japan.