Kershaw Chive Pocket Knife
- Online Only
With a blade less than 2" long, the Chive is perfect for carrying in your pocket, purse or backpack. This small yet mighty knife tackles all kinds of cutting tasks, from opening packages to cutting twine to prepping food for a camp-out. It's part of a series of pocket knives designed by famed knifemaker Ken Onion and crafted with the precision fit and finish for which Kershaw knives are known.
- High-carbon 420HC stainless-steel blade with bead-blasted finish.
- 410 stainless-steel handle with bead-blasted finish.
- SpeedSafe® ambidextrous assisted opening lets you open knife with a quick push of the thumbstud or pull back on the flipper.
- Frame-Lock prevents knife from accidentally closing during use.
- Tip-Lock safely locks knife closed during transport.
- Single-position pocket clip.
- Made in USA.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 1.9"-long blade, 2.9"-long handle.
- 1.7 oz.
- Model #1600.
- Made in USA.
- Use & Care
- Always keep your knife clean. Wipe away debris and, if needed, hand-wash with a mild detergent.
- Due to the high carbon content of the quality steel in Kershaw blades, the blade may corrode if not properly cared for. To protect the knife, simply wipe a light coating of oil on the blade, pivot points, and lock (if applicable) before storing.
- Rust spots can be removed with a light abrasive such as Flitz metal polish or Bon Ami cleanser made into a paste with a little water. Use a soft, absorbent cloth to apply. If the rust is more than just surface, try naval jelly or WD-40.
- After applying a light coating of oil to blade and pivot, store folding knives closed and fixed blades in their sheaths or blade guards.
- Kershaw offers free sharpening for the life of your knife. Simply ship the item to the Tualatin, Oregon facility, and the knife will be serviced and returned to you, free of charge.
- To sharpen the knife yourself, we recommend the Kershaw Ultra-Tek sharpener. You can also successfully sharpen your knife on a whetstone or other specialty sharpeners. You will want to be sure you sharpen the knife to the original angle. Kershaw blades are sharpened to a range of angles, depending on the type of steel and end-use of the knife. Generally, Kershaw knives are sharpened to angles of between 20° and 22°. Fillet knives, however, are usually sharpened from 16–18°.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within five business days of our receiving your order.
For an additional charge of $15 per address, we can rush delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.