Ken Onion Rain Detail Paring Knife
- Online Only
The award-winning Rain cutlery collection showcases the iconic design ingenuity of world-renowned American knifemaker Ken Onion. Each customized for a specific kitchen task, high-carbon stainless-steel blades are distinguished by a textured raindrop pattern that allows knives to glide effortlessly through food. Ergonomic handles, constructed of military-grade G-10 Garolite, are precision-shaped to ensure the knife's peak performance at its intended task—and feel exceptionally comfortable in your hand.
- Elevating the function and performance of a small knife to an impressive new level, this tool combines a super-sharp blade with an angled handle that allows you to mince, cut and pare without hitting your fingers on the cutting board.
- Use this versatile little dynamo for all sorts of smaller kitchen tasks—from slicing strawberries or chopping veggies to peeling apples.
- Razor-sharp blade is constructed of CTSÔ BDZ1 high-carbon stainless steel, a state-of-the-art alloy engineered for optimal strength, durability and performance.
- Blade is laser-cut to a tolerance of 1/10,000 of an inch to guarantee maximum precision.
- The textured raindrop pattern is produced using a proprietary process designed to reduce surface tension and drag by creating multiple air pockets—resulting in a stick-resistant blade that encourages effortless motion.
- Seamless handle is constructed of G-10 Garolite, an incredibly strong military-grade inert material that is highly impervious to both heat and moisture.
- Custom-contoured handles enhance the speciﬁc performance task of each knife.
- Each knife's ergonomic drop-shaped handle combines a "control bump" with indentations designed to perfectly fit your fingers—ensuring the safest, most efficient and comfortable grip, while reducing forearm stress and increasing stability.
- Named "Kitchen Knife of the Year" at the 2013 Blade Show.
- From Chef Works, every knife in the Ken Onion Rain Series is proudly made in the USA.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 3 3/4"-long blade; 4 1/2"-long handle; 2.8 oz.
- Made in USA.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Maintain the knife's cutting edge by regularly using a honing steel.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
Next Day Delivery