Ken Onion Rain Sharpening Steel
- Online Only
The award-winning Rain cutlery collection showcases the iconic design ingenuity of world-renowned American knifemaker Ken Onion. To ensure the best performance from this precision cutlery, use the companion steel to hone the blades of your straight-edged knives. The forged-steel rod helps restore each knife's sharp edge by trueing it—that is, smoothing and realigning the blade's cutting edge.
- Seamless handle is constructed of G-10 Garolite, an incredibly strong military-grade inert material that is highly impervious to both heat and moisture.
- Contoured ergonomic handle is designed to perfectly fit your fingers—ensuring the safest, most efficient and comfortable grip.
- NSF-certified steel meets the high-level safety standards for professional kitchens.
- From Chef Works, every piece in the Ken Onion Rain Series is proudly made in the USA.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 14" long overall; 7.4 oz.
- Made in USA.
- Use & Care
- Use with straight-edged knives only; not for use with serrated blades.
- Steel length should measure at least as long as the knife being honed.
- Line up the knife with the guide and make a few light strokes on each side of the blade.
- Depending on how often you use your knives, you may wish to hone once a week.
- Should metal filings accumulate on the steel, remove them with a damp cloth.