Ken Onion Rain 9-Piece Block Set
- Online Only
The award-winning Rain cutlery collection showcases the iconic design ingenuity of world-renowned American knifemaker Ken Onion. Each knife is customized for a specific kitchen task, high-carbon stainless-steel blades are distinguished by a textured raindrop pattern that allows knives to glide effortlessly through food. Ergonomic handles are precision-shaped to ensure the knife's peak performance at its intended task—and feel exceptionally comfortable in your hand.
- Giving you all the precision pieces you need for everyday kitchen tasks, this set includes six of the most frequently used knives—plus shears, a steel and an 11-slot storage block.
- Razor-sharp blades are constructed of CTSÔ BDZ1 high-carbon stainless steel, a state-of-the-art alloy engineered for optimal strength, durability and performance.
- Blades are laser-cut to a tolerance of 1/10,000 of an inch to guarantee maximum precision.
- The textured raindrop pattern is produced using a proprietary process designed to reduce surface tension and drag by creating multiple air pockets—resulting in a stick-resistant blade that encourages effortless motion.
- Seamless handles are constructed of G-10 Garolite, an incredibly strong military-grade inert material that is highly impervious to both heat and moisture.
- Custom-contoured handles enhance the speciﬁc performance task of each knife.
- Each knife's ergonomic drop-shaped handle combines a "control bump" with indentations designed to perfectly fit your fingers—ensuring the safest, most efficient and comfortable grip, while reducing forearm stress and increasing stability.
- Named "Kitchen Knife of the Year" at the 2013 Blade Show.
- From Chef Works, every knife in the Ken Onion Rain Series is proudly made in the USA.
9-Piece Set includes:
- 4" detail knife
- 6" straight utility knife
- 6" chef's knife
- 8" chef’s knife
- 9" bread knife
- 9" slicer
- 9" sharpening steel
- Kitchen shears
- 11-slot oak storage block
Please note: Storage block is counted as an individual piece.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 4" detail knife: 3 3/4"-long blade; 4 1/2"-long handle; 2.8 oz.
- 6" straight utility knife: 5 3/4"-long blade; 4 3/4"-long handle; 4.4 oz.
- 6" chef's knife: 5 1/4"-long blade; 5 1/2"-long handle; 6 oz.
- 8" chef's knife: 6 3/4"-long blade; 5 1/2" long handle; 8 oz.
- 9" bread knife: 8"-long blade; 5 1/2"-long handle; 6.2 oz.
- 9" slicer: 8"-long blade; 5 1/2"-long handle; 6 oz.
- 9" sharpening steel: 14" long overall; 7.4 oz.
- Take-Apart kitchen shears: 9" long; 5.4 oz.
- 11-slot oak storage block: 6 lb. 6 oz.
- Made in USA.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Maintain the knife's cutting edge by regularly using a honing steel.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.
Next Day Delivery
Orders recieved by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday thorugh Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.