John McLeod Trencher Yellow Birch Board
John McLeod proves its quality craftsmanship in this unique Trencher cutting board. Its gradual sloped design collects juices in the well at the back of the board—and away from the work area—making it a popular choice for carving roasts, steaks or ribs.
- Made of North American Yellow Birch.
- Generous working surface slopes down so juices collect in well at the back of the board.
- Undercut handles for ease of lifting.
- The flat reverse side of the cutting board can also be used for general chopping and prepping tasks.
- Made in USA.
- A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 18" x 13" x 1 1/4" thick.
- 5 lb.
- Made in USA.
- Use & Care
- Board should be seasoned with a food-grade mineral oil before first use.
- To season the board properly, warm the mineral oil slightly and apply it in the direction of the wood grain using a clean, dry cloth. Allow the oil to soak in and repeat with another application. Allow the board to dry and wipe off any excess oil.
- Hand-wash with hot, soapy water. Dry thoroughly.
- Do not soak or submerge board in water.
- Occasionally rub with a food-safe mineral oil to keep wood from drying out.
- To sanitize, wash the board with a solution of one part vinegar to five parts water.
- Remove odors by rubbing the board with kosher or table salt and half a lemon. Let sit for 2 to 3 minutes then wipe clean with a damp cloth. Remove excess moisture with a clean paper towel and stand the board on end to air dry.
- Store in a dry area away from extreme temperatures.
Next Day Delivery