John Mcleod Maple End-Grain Board with Walnut Border
This cutting board contrasts the blonde beauty of yellow birch with a rich black walnut border for a distinctive look you'll want to bring out of the kitchen for serving. The experts at John McLeod Ltd. of Vermont handcraft each one using sustainably harvested North American woods.
- Crafted from New England yellow birch with American black walnut perimeter.
- Laminated end-grain construction provides exceptional strength and durability.
- Natural oil finish protects and highlights the wood's beauty.
- Generously sized for heavy-duty prep work as well as serving a spread of appetizers or cheeses.
- Clear acrylic nonskid feet prevent board from slipping.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 18" x 12" x 1 1/4" high.
- 6 lb. 8 oz.
- Made in USA.
- Use & Care
- Board should be seasoned with a food-grade mineral oil before first use.
- To season the board properly, warm the mineral oil slightly and apply it in the direction of the wood grain using a clean, dry cloth. Allow the oil to soak in and repeat with another application. Allow the board to dry and wipe off any excess oil.
- Hand-wash with hot, soapy water. Dry thoroughly.
- Do not soak or submerge board in water.
- Occasionally rub with a food-safe mineral oil to keep wood from drying out.
- To sanitize, wash the board with a solution of one part vinegar to five parts water.
- Remove odors by rubbing the board with kosher or table salt and half a lemon. Let sit for 2 to 3 minutes then wipe clean with a damp cloth. Remove excess moisture with a clean paper towel and stand the board on end to air dry.
- Store in a dry area away from extreme temperatures.