John Mcleod End-Grain Board with Well
For easy carving, this board by John McLeod Ltd. of Vermont provides a stable work surface and also helps protect finely honed blades. A perimeter well traps flavorful juices, and the reverse side of the board is flat, for slicing or serving.
- Made in the USA of sustainably harvested black walnut.
- Laminated end-grain construction provides exceptional strength and durability.
- Made of a unique combination of the heartwood – the interior wood with the dark coloration usually associated with black walnut – and the lighter-colored wood from just under the bark, creating a striking contrast.
- Perimeter well traps flavorful juices and funnels them into a deep collection well.
- 18” x 12"; 1 1/2" thick.
- Made in USA.
- Use & Care
- Board should be seasoned with a food-grade mineral oil before first use.
- To season the board properly, warm the mineral oil slightly and apply it in the direction of the wood grain using a clean, dry cloth. Allow the oil to soak in and repeat with another application. Allow the board to dry and wipe off any excess oil.
- Hand-wash with hot, soapy water. Dry thoroughly.
- Do not soak or submerge board in water.
- Occasionally rub with a food-safe mineral oil to keep wood from drying out.
- To sanitize, wash the board with a solution of one part vinegar to five parts water.
- Remove odors by rubbing the board with kosher or table salt and half a lemon. Let sit for 2 to 3 minutes then wipe clean with a damp cloth. Remove excess moisture with a clean paper towel and stand the board on end to air dry.
- Store in a dry area away from extreme temperatures.