John Mcleod End-Grain Board with Well
For easy carving, this board by John McLeod Ltd. of Vermont anchors meat in place with a unique grid of individually cut pyramids. A perimeter well traps flavorful juices, and the reverse side of the board is flat, for slicing or serving.
- Made in the USA of sustainably harvested black walnut.
- Laminated end-grain construction provides exceptional strength and durability.
- Made of a unique combination of the heartwood – the interior wood with the dark coloration usually associated with black walnut – and the lighter-colored wood from just under the bark, creating a striking contrast.
- Perimeter well traps flavorful juices and funnels them into a deep collection well.
- Reverse side is flat for slicing and serving.
- 18” x 12"; 1 1/2" thick.
- Made in USA.
- Use & Care
- Board should be seasoned with a food-grade mineral oil before first use.
- To season the board properly, warm the mineral oil slightly and apply it in the direction of the wood grain using a clean, dry cloth. Allow the oil to soak in and repeat with another application. Allow the board to dry and wipe off any excess oil.
- Hand-wash with hot, soapy water. Dry thoroughly.
- Do not soak or submerge board in water.
- Occasionally rub with a food-safe mineral oil to keep wood from drying out.
- To sanitize, wash the board with a solution of one part vinegar to five parts water.
- Remove odors by rubbing the board with kosher or table salt and half a lemon. Let sit for 2 to 3 minutes then wipe clean with a damp cloth. Remove excess moisture with a clean paper towel and stand the board on end to air dry.
- Store in a dry area away from extreme temperatures.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within five business days of our receiving your order.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
For an additional charge of $15 per address, we can rush delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
At Williams-Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. If, within 30 days, you are not completely satisfied with your purchase for any reason, please return the item for an exchange or refund of the merchandise value. View Full Return Policy.