John McLeod Bread Board with Crumb Catcher
- Online Only
Slice loaves on this hardwood board without any mess. The reservoir beneath the removable tray catches the crumbs while the attractive walnut tray lifts out for serving.
- Crumbs drop through the slotted tray into the reservoir below.
- Dispose of crumbs or save for cooking
- Tray also makes a useful cooling rack for baked goods.
- Crafted of sustainably harvested yellow birch and with a dark walnut insert.
- Made in the USA.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 17 1/2" x 9" x 1" thick.
- 3 1/2 lb.
- Made in USA.
- Use & Care
- Board should be seasoned with a food-grade mineral oil before first use.
- To season the board properly, warm the mineral oil slightly and apply it in the direction of the wood grain using a clean, dry cloth. Allow the oil to soak in and repeat with another application. Allow the board to dry and wipe off any excess oil.
- Hand-wash with hot, soapy water. Dry thoroughly.
- Do not soak or submerge board in water.
- Occasionally rub with a food-safe mineral oil to keep wood from drying out.
- To sanitize, wash the board with a solution of one part vinegar to five parts water.
- Remove odors by rubbing the board with kosher or table salt and half a lemon. Let sit for 2 to 3 minutes then wipe clean with a damp cloth. Remove excess moisture with a clean paper towel and stand the board on end to air dry.
- Store in a dry area away from extreme temperatures.