J.K. Adams Summit Collection Rectangular Cutting Board
- Online Only
Vermont woodworkers make our oversized rectangular serving board from edge-grain maple, an exceptionally knife-friendly wood that is ideal for prep and presentation. Using methods passed down through generations of New England craftspeople, the artisans give the wood a stain-smooth finish that highlights the maple’s naturally blonde hue and rich grain.
- Crafted from sustainably harvested North American maple, durable enough to withstand daily use yet gentle on blade edges.
- Finished with food-safe teak oil to highlight the wood’s natural beauty.
- Made by the venerable J.K. Adams Co. of Vermont, specialists in finely made wooden kitchen wares.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 30" x 11" x 1/2" thick.
- Made in USA.
- Use & Care
- Board should be seasoned with a food-grade mineral oil before first use.
- To season the board properly, warm the mineral oil slightly and apply it in the direction of the wood grain using a clean, dry cloth. Allow the oil to soak in and repeat with another application. Allow the board to dry and wipe off any excess oil.
- Hand-wash with hot, soapy water. Dry thoroughly.
- Do not soak or submerge board in water.
- Occasionally rub with a food-safe mineral oil to keep wood from drying out.
- To sanitize, wash the board with a solution of one part vinegar to five parts water.
- Remove odors by rubbing the board with kosher or table salt and half a lemon. Let sit for 2 to 3 minutes, then wipe clean with a damp cloth. Remove excess moisture with a clean paper towel and stand the board on end to air dry.
- Store in a dry area away from extreme temperatures.