J.K. Adams Farmhouse Carving Board
You’ll use this maple cutting board for everything from carving meats and poultry to prepping vegetables and slicing breads. Ideal for chopping, mincing and dicing, while it also features a perimeter well to catch juices.
- Generously sized carving board also makes a handsome presentation piece.
- Large enough for a family-sized roast or turkey.
- A deep well around the perimeter collects flavorful meat juices.
- Board is durable enough to withstand daily use yet gentle on knife edges.
- Made from sustainably harvested North American maple.
- Made by J.K. Adams Co. of Vermont, specialists in finely made wooden kitchen wares since 1944.
- 20" x 14".
- 2" thick.
- 4 lb. 12 oz.
- Made in USA.
- Board should be seasoned with a food-grade mineral oil before first use.
- To season the board properly, warm the mineral oil slightly and apply it in the direction of the wood grain using a clean, dry cloth. Allow the oil to soak in and repeat with another application. Allow the board to dry and wipe off any excess oil.
- Hand-wash with hot, soapy water. Dry thoroughly.
- Do not soak or submerge board in water.
- Occasionally rub with a food-safe mineral oil to keep wood from drying out.
- To sanitize, wash the board with a solution of one part vinegar to five parts water.
- Remove odors by rubbing the board with kosher or table salt and half a lemon. Let sit for 2 to 3 minutes then wipe clean with a damp cloth. Remove excess moisture with a clean paper towel and stand the board on end to air dry.
- Store in a dry area away from extreme temperatures.