Zwilling J.A. Henckels Twin Cuisine Hollow-Ground Santoku
J. A. Henckels crafts its handsome Twin Cuisine knives in Solingen, Germany, using hot drop forging, a traditional process allowing the blade and horizontal tang to be made from one piece of steel. This knife is ideal for effortless mincing, slicing and dicing.
- The Japanese word santoku means “three benefits," a reference to the knife’s fine mincing, slicing and dicing capabilities.
- Knife is hot drop forged from a single piece of high-carbon steel that resists rust and corrosion.
- Hollow-ground depressions on the ice-hardened blade minimize drag and encourage clean, precise cuts.
- Full horizontal tang provides balance and control and is bonded to the handle.
- Ergonomic polypropylene handle has a smooth, seamless surface contoured for a comfortable grip.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 5" knife: 5"-long blade; 5 1/2"-long handle; 11.2 oz.
- 7" knife: 7"-long blade; 5 1/2"-long handle; 11.5 oz.
- Made in Germany.
- Use & Care
- Always use caution when handling sharp objects.
- Avoid cutting on hard surfaces such as stone, metal or glass.
- It is not advisable to use any knife but a meat cleaver to cut through bone, as other blades can be easily damaged.
- Hand-wash with warm water and a mild detergent. Rinse and dry immediately.
- Maintain the knife's cutting edge by regularly using a honing steel.
- Sharpen as needed. With regular use and honing, your knife should not need sharpening more than once or twice a year.
- Sharpen knife at home using a whetstone or knife sharpener, or have it sharpened by a professional.
- Store knife in a safe place to protect its edge and prevent injury.