Garden in the Koop Salad Kit
- Free Shipping
- Online Only
Enjoy unique heirloom lettuces in garden-fresh salads for months to come. This egg-carton kit contains everything you need to grow six lettuce varieties in a range of colors, textures and flavors. Simply add water to the coir-fiber pods to create nutrient-rich starting mix, and use it to fill the egg-carton cells. Then sow your seeds, follow the growing instructions and watch them sprout. When the seedlings are ready to transplant, tear the carton into separate cells and insert them right into your garden soil, raised bed or planter. The paper will decompose and act as compost.
- Includes six packets of heirloom seed varieties carefully selected for flavor and hardiness: Freckles, Green Salad Bowl, Red Leprechaun, TomThumb, Red Salad Bowl, Rouge d' Hiver.
- Starter soil discs are made from coir (coconut husks), a renewable resource.
- Includes six wood plant markers for labeling your seedlings.
- Complete growing and transplanting instructions included.
- 100% biodegradable and compostable.
- Herbicide and pesticide free.
- Can be grown indoors or outdoors; ideal for garden, planters and containers.
- A great way for kids and novice gardeners to experience gardening from seed to table.
- Appropriate for all growing zones.
- Seeds require full to partial sun.
- Hand-selected and packaged by Garden In the Koop, a North Carolina–based company dedicated to the preservation of heirloom seeds and sustainable garden products.
- Dimensions & More Info
- Start indoors and transplant into rich, well-drained soil in your garden, raised bed or planter.
- 68–85 days to harvest.