Horse Bit Details Artwork
In our beautiful reproductions, illustrations of 18th-century bridle bits become iconic works of art. The images originally appeared as color plates in a 1747 riding manual by Friedrich Wilhelm, Baron Reis d’Eisenberg, a master horseman and gifted painter—along with training cavaliers in Naples, Tuscany, England and Vienna, he lavishly illustrated his own writings on horsemanship. Dedicated to England’s King George II and his son, the Prince of Wales, the book was a favorite among European nobility and is memorable today for its scholarship and its artistry.
- Originally published in L’art de monter a cheval: ou Description du manège moderne, dans sa perfection (The art of riding horses, or a Description of the perfect riding school), printed in 1747.
- Giclée printing captures the fine detail and watercolor of the original artwork.
- Mounted under beveled white mats.
- Set behind glass in a solid basswood frame with silver leaf–lined borders.
- Ready for hanging with attached D-rings and wire.
- Dimensions & More Info
- Horse Bit Details I: 16" wide x 18" high overall (image is 7" wide x 9" high); 3 lb.
- Horse Bit Details II: 16" wide x 18" high overall (image is 7" wide x 9" high); 3 lb.
- Horse Bit Details III: 30" wide x 17" high overall (image is 28" wide x 8" high); 6 lb.
- Made in USA.
- Use & Care
- Protect from direct sunlight.
- To clean the picture glass that protects your artwork, never spray cleaner directly onto the glass.
- Spray your cleaning cloth and then wipe the glass to avoid cleaner from running gown and seeping between the glass and frame and damaging the art.
- Avoid using a cleaner with ammonia.
- Wipe frame with a damp cloth as needed.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within five business days of our receiving your order.
The charge for all shipping is included in the flat-rate delivery fee listed below the item’s price.
At Williams-Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. If, within 30 days, you are not completely satisfied with your purchase for any reason, please return the item for an exchange or refund of the merchandise value. View Full Return Policy.