Holly Kissing Ball
The evergreen kissing ball is a charming romantic tradition harking back to 18th-century England. As the custom goes, whenever a young lady standing beneath the ball received a kiss, she removed a berry, until all the berries (and kisses) were gone. Our hand-made sphere of fresh holly with noble fir, incense cedar and natural red berries is hand assembled using French floral wire and a 6" hanging ribbon. It's a festive touch for suspending in a doorway or from a chandelier. 8" diam. Made in USA. A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.
- Use & Care
- Upon receipt, carefully cut the cable ties securing the kissing ball and gently remove it from the box.
- The fresh natural materials used in the ball are intended for display indoors or in a sheltered outdoor area. Avoid direct sunlight and excessive heat, which will cause the materials to fade and become fragile.
- Mist with water prior to hanging and mist daily for best results.
- Holly is sensitive to temperatures below 36 degrees F. If not displaying immediately, store in its box in a cool, dark location.
- If you choose to hang your ball outdoors, protect it from the sun, wind, rain, and temperatures below 36 degrees F.
- If your ball is mounted on an interior door, we recommend attaching it in two places to prevent it from bouncing against the door when the door is opened or closed.
- It is normal for natural materials to shed. The extra fullness of our ball is intended to compensate for any unavoidable shedding during shipping. To minimize shedding, it is best to not move it once it has been hung.
- With proper care, the holly will last up to 3 weeks.
This item will be shipped directly from the manufacturer and is not eligible for rush shipping. Please allow up to one week for delivery.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams-Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Return Policy