J.K. Adams Hickory Cutting BoardPreview
Personalize this item
- Online Only
Using woodworking methods passed down through generations of New England craftspeople, artisans in Vermont shape this hardworking board from solid North American hickory. The extremely hard wood is also beautifully grained, making this board ideal for prep tasks as well as serving appetizers and cheeses.
- Crafted from sustainably harvested North American hickory, durable enough to withstand daily use yet gentle on knife edges.
- Doweled cleats at each end create decorative contrast in color and grain.
- Finished with a food-safe teak-oil finish to highlight the wood’s natural beauty.
- Made by the venerable J.K. Adams Co. of Vermont, specialists in finely made wooden kitchen wares.
- A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 21" x 12 1/2".
- 6 lb.
- 3/4" thick.
- Made in USA.
- Use & Care
- Board should be seasoned with a food-grade mineral oil before first use.
- To season the board properly, warm the mineral oil slightly and apply it in the direction of the wood grain using a clean, dry cloth. Allow the oil to soak in and repeat with another application. Allow the board to dry and wipe off any excess oil.
- Hand-wash with hot, soapy water. Dry thoroughly.
- Do not soak or submerge board in water.
- Occasionally rub with a food-safe mineral oil to keep wood from drying out.
- To sanitize, wash the board with a solution of one part vinegar to five parts water.
- Remove odors by rubbing the board with kosher or table salt and half a lemon. Let sit for 2 to 3 minutes, then wipe clean with a damp cloth. Remove excess moisture with a clean paper towel and stand the board on end to air dry.
- Store in a dry area away from extreme temperatures.