Herbs de Provence Herbs 6-Pack
HerbsNEW Exclusive Internet Only
Grow all the herbs you need to make your own fragrant, flavorful herbes de Provence, a classic blend of dried basil, lavender, thyme, marjoram, rosemary and fennel used to season stews and grilled and roasted meats and poultry. You can also use the herbs individually, fresh or dried, in a wide variety of dishes.
Genovese Basil: Enjoy fresh-from-the-garden pesto all summer long with this Italian variety of basil. Very easy to grow, the annual yields a plentiful harvest of extra-large aromatic dark-green leaves.
Hidcote/Munstead Lavender: Very fragrant variety of English lavender with upright stems of purple flowers. The buds have a delicate floral flavor with refreshing hints of mint and citrus. Use sparingly to flavor lamb or poultry, or infuse syrups for use in dessert making.
Lemon Thyme: Smelling and tasting like its namesake fruit, lemon thyme adds a citrusy accent to chicken, fish, salad dressings and a variety of sauces. The leaves are ideal for any dish that calls for both thyme and citrus flavors.
Sweet Marjoram: This Mediterranean herb has a milder flavor than its closely related oregano and is best used fresh to season tomatoes, eggplant, beans, poultry and seafood.
Tuscan Blue Rosemary: Cooks favor this drought-tolerant upright form of perennial rosemary over the trailing variety because of its more flavorful, aromatic, needle-like leaves, which cover the plant all year long.
Fennel: More compact that ordinary fennel and well suited for growing in containers, this variety produces feathery green leaves with a distinctively refreshing licorice/anise flavor and aroma.
- Sustainably grown.
- Appropriate for all growing zones.
- Suitable for container or ground planting.
- Plants ship in 4" diam. nursery pots.
- Require full sun.
- Genovese Basil: Grows to 24" high, 12" wide.
- Sarah Lavender: Grows up to 36" high, 12" wide.
- Rosemary: Grows to 36" high, 12" wide.
- Lemon Thyme: Grows to 18" high, 12" wide.
- Sweet Marjoram: Grows to 12" high, 12" wide.
- Tuscan Blue Rosemary: Grows to 36" high, 12" wide.
- Fennel: Grows to 48" high, 24" wide.
- Planting: Plant in full sun at a depth of 4".
- Watering: Provide regular water.
- Harvesting: Harvest frequently to keep the plants from flowering. Pinch off any flowers that develop. Cut or pinch leaves as needed; for drying, keep leaves on the stem.
To ensure freshness, perishable items are shipped via 2-day delivery from the supplier and are not eligible for rush shipping. Please allow up to one week for delivery.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.