Hand Thrown Fermentation Pot
- Online Only
This hand-crafted stoneware pot is uniquely designed to encourage the fermentation of fresh fruits and vegetables. Use it to transform cabbage into sauerkraut, to pickle vegetables, and to cure olives. The process is simple: Place salted vegetables in the crock, fill with water, then cover with the pot’s heavy lid to keep vegetables submerged and encourage lacto-fermentation. As fermentation begins, naturally occurring carbon dioxide drives the air out of the pot, creating an oxygen-free environment ideal for the long, slow brining process.
- Lacto-fermentation converts carbohydrates into lactic acid, lowering the carbohydrate content of fruits and vegetables. It also adds enzymes, nutrients, and probiotics for healthy digestion.
- Vegetables begin to ferment within days. If stored in a cool, dark place, pickled vegetables will keep for months.
- Complementary vegetables (carrots and onions) and herbs (caraway seeds and juniper berries) can be added for additional flavor during fermentation (recipes not included).
- Stoneware pot is hand-thrown, then fired at high heat for maximum durability.
- Eggshell glaze is nontoxic, food-safe, and lead-free.
- 1-gal. cap.; 7 1/4" x 8 1/4" x 7" high.
- Made in USA.
- Dimensions & More Info
- Dishwasher and microwave safe.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within five business days of our receiving your order.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $17.50 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders recieved by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday thorugh Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.