Hand-Thrown Fermentation Pot
- Online Only
This hand-crafted stoneware pot is uniquely designed to encourage the fermentation of fresh fruits and vegetables. Use it to transform cabbage into sauerkraut, to pickle vegetables and to cure olives. The process is simple: Place salted vegetables in the crock, fill with water, then cover with the pot’s heavy lid to keep vegetables submerged and encourage lacto-fermentation.
- 1-gallon stoneware pot is hand-thrown, then fired at high heat for durability.
- Design promotes lacto-fermentation, which converts carbohydrates into lactic acid, lowering the carbohydrate content of fruits and vegetables and adding enzymes, nutrients and probiotics for healthy digestion.
- Vegetables begin to ferment within days; if the pot is stored in a cool, dark place, pickled vegetables will keep for months.
- Made in USA.
- Dimensions & More Info
- Eggshell glaze is nontoxic, food safe, and lead free.
- As fermentation begins, naturally occurring carbon dioxide drives the air out of the pot, creating an oxygen-free environment ideal for long, slow brining.
- Complementary vegetables (carrots and onions) and herbs (caraway seeds and juniper berries) can be added during fermentation for additional flavor (recipes not included).
- 1-gal. cap.
- 7 1/4" x 8 1/4" x 7" high.
- Made in USA.
Next Day Delivery
Orders recieved by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday thorugh Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.