Hand-Thrown Fermentation Pot
This hand-crafted stoneware pot is uniquely designed to encourage the fermentation of fresh fruits and vegetables. Use it to transform cabbage into sauerkraut, to pickle vegetables and to cure olives. The process is simple: Place salted vegetables in the crock, fill with water, then cover with the pot’s heavy lid to keep vegetables submerged and encourage lacto-fermentation.
- 1-gallon stoneware pot is hand-thrown, then fired at high heat for durability.
- Design promotes lacto-fermentation, which converts carbohydrates into lactic acid, lowering the carbohydrate content of fruits and vegetables and adding enzymes, nutrients and probiotics for healthy digestion.
- Vegetables begin to ferment within days; if the pot is stored in a cool, dark place, pickled vegetables will keep for months.
- Made in USA.
- Dimensions & More Info
- Eggshell glaze is nontoxic, food safe, and lead free.
- As fermentation begins, naturally occurring carbon dioxide drives the air out of the pot, creating an oxygen-free environment ideal for long, slow brining.
- Complementary vegetables (carrots and onions) and herbs (caraway seeds and juniper berries) can be added during fermentation for additional flavor (recipes not included).
- 1-gal. cap.
- 7 1/4" x 8 1/4" x 7" high.
- Made in USA.
This item is shipped from our warehouse by UPS to arrive within five business days of our receiving your order.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination. View Shipping Options and Charges.
Next Day Delivery
For an additional charge of $17.50 per address, we can expedite delivery to most destinations. This service is not available for some oversize items, items shipped directly from the supplier (including perishable and custom-manufactured items), out-of-stock items and items to be shipped outside the contiguous 48 states.
Orders received by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday through Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.
At Williams-Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
If within 30 days, you are dissatisfied for any reason, you may return your purchase for a refund of the merchandise value. An original receipt or gift receipt is required for all returns and exchanges. Returns with a gift receipt will be refunded in the form of a Merchandise Credit for the amount indicated on the gift receipt. Returns with original receipt will be refunded in the original form of payment, cash and check refunds over $100 will be issued as a company check (may take 14 business days from time of request).
For all cutlery returns (knife sets, single knives, cutting boards, knife sharpeners, and knife storage) please contact us at 888.922.4108 to initiate the return.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned.
For returns of items purchased from your Williams-Sonoma Gift Registry, we will gladly provide a refund or exchange for the merchandise within 90 days of your event or within 90 days of purchase, whichever date is later. View Full Return Policy.