Hand-Hammered Copper Couscoussier
Faithful to its North African origins, this handmade copper couscoussier is actually two pots in one: a perforated top pot for steaming couscous or vegetables, and a bottom container for stewing beef, lamb, chicken or vegetables.
- Made of copper for superior heat conductivity and precise temperature control.
- Each piece is hand-made and hand-hammered in the North African tradition, making it unique.
- Tin interior is nonreactive and easy to clean.
- Top pot has perforated bottom for steaming vegetables or cooking couscous.
- Bottom pot can be used to stew meats or vegetables while steaming couscous on top.
- A Williams-Sonoma exclusive.
- Dimensions & More Info
- 8" x 12 1/2" high.
- 4 1/4-qt. cap.
- 4 lb. 4 oz.
- Made in Tunisia.
- Use & Care
- Ideal for gas and electric cooktops.
- To protect the tin lining from damage, do not heat the pot empty or at temperatures above 450°F.
- Use wood, plastic or heat-resistant nylon tools to avoid scratching the tin lining.
- Allow pan to cool before washing.
- Hand-wash; dry immediately with a soft cloth.
- Avoid using steel wool, steel scouring pads or harsh detergents.
- Copper will develop a rich patina over time. This will not affect the pan's cooking performance. To keep the exterior looking new, use a copper polish or a combination of lemon and salt.
- The tin lining protects foods from reacting with copper but will become discolored with use. Depending on the frequency of use and types of food cooked, the tin lining may eventually have to be replaced. To prolong the liner's usefulness, avoid cooking acidic ingredients in your tin-lined cookware.
Next Day Delivery
Orders recieved by 9:00 p.m., Eastern time, Monday through Thursday will arrive the next business day; orders placed Friday thorugh Sunday will arrive on the following Tuesday.