Shellfish Formaggio on a Half Scallop Shell
- Online Only
Hand prepared and served on the half shell, this seafood delicacy makes an exquisite appetizer or side dish for a special occasion. Sweet, tender Maine lobster claw and knuckle meat, shrimp, bay scallops and shell pasta are stirred into a creamy mascarpone-cheddar cheese sauce, then placed in scallop shells for an elegant presentation. As a finishing touch, each is topped with a crunchy mix of panko breadcrumbs, herbed butter, lemon zest and Parmesan cheese. Based in coastal Maine, Hancock Gourmet is a family-run company focused on high-quality seafood specialties prepared with fresh, locally caught Maine shellfish and inspired by family recipes.
- Four 4-oz. shells (serves 4 as appetizer, 2 as entrée).
- Shipped frozen.
- Made in USA.
- Use & Care
- Ships frozen with dry ice, which may have evaporated during shipment. This is normal. Please take care not to touch any remaining dry ice with bare hands.
- Upon receipt, refrigerate or freeze immediately.
- The shellfish formaggio will keep unopened in the refrigerator for up to 4 days, and for up to 9 months frozen.
- Thawing is not recommended; keep frozen until ready to bake.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Remove plastic wrap from shells. Place shells on baking sheet. Bake for 40 minutes or until crumbs have browned and the sauce is bubbly. Do not microwave.
- Cream (half and half), lobster, shrimp, bay scallops, pasta (semolina [wheat], niacin, iron, thiamine, mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), mascarpone cheese (pasteurized milk and cream, citric acid), butter (cream, salt), cheddar cheese (milk, enzymes, salt), parmesan cheese (milk, salt, rennet), panko bread crumbs (wheat flour, water, yeast, dextrose, salt), wheat flour, red onion, water, olive oil, salt, garlic, white pepper, lemon zest, parsley, chives.
Please allow up to two weeks for processing and delivery of perishable items, which are shipped two-day delivery to ensure freshness. Perishable items are not eligible for rush shipping.
The shipping rate varies depending on your order total and shipping destination.
At Williams-Sonoma, we take great pride in the quality and craftsmanship of our products. Attention to design, materials, safety and construction are our priority. Upon receipt, please inspect your purchase and notify us of any damage; we will arrange for a prompt replacement.
We cannot accept returns on monogrammed, personalized, special-order items, custom upholstery, food, items shipped direct from the vendor, or on items damaged through normal wear and tear. Final sale items ending in .97 or .99 cannot be returned. View Full Return Policy.